5.21.2011

Down To The Wire

I'm in that awesome stage with my accompaniment music where I basically go on autopilot as I start playing....which can also be a bad thing, because sometimes, I start to get lazy in the middle of the song....totally lose my concentration.... and then mess up. Thankfully, at the recital, the audience will be (hopefully) focusing on the singer and not on me *shiver*. For those of you that don't know me, I do NOT like to be the center of attention. That's what I love about accompanying. I'm not the center of attention but I'm still part of the show. I have the best of both worlds.

Anyway, as the recital draws nearer, I will be practicing, practicing, and practicing until I can play the songs from memory. Till I can play them in my sleep. Till I can play them even if I was dead. In case you couldn't tell, I'm exaggerating shamefully. To make a long story short...I'm going to be playing the piano a lot.

In reading this post, you have discovered a shocking bloggery secret of mine. I will sometimes write rather disjointed and frighteningly random posts that make sense only to me. So watch out.

No comments: