6.25.2011

I am forever changed

So this past week, I took a video-editing class. Learning, among other things, how to use Apple's iMovie application.

The result:

I will never watch a movie the same way again.
        
          "Wow! That was a great cut point!"
          "Ugh, what a lousy transition.."
          "DID YOU HEAR THAT? THEY NEED TO NORMALIZE THE AUDIO!"
          "Can someone tell me how this film ever made it to the big screen?"  
          "Did these people ever learn the basic laws of video-editing? Come on
          people!"

Rather frightening, isn't it?

But to be completely serious, I learned a lot. A bunch of techniques that will apply not only to iMovie, but to all different video-editing programs. The importance of creating quality video. And most important of all, video editing is FUN!

And now, I can get out there and make the awesomest movie in the history of the universe. Yes, I'm exaggerating on a ridiculous level. I was hoping you wouldn't notice.

1 comment:

Miss Virginia said...

I love video editing! I never took a class but I agree, once you start fooling around with it you'll never watch a movie the same way again! I love learning all the "tricks" they use.