7.10.2011

Au Revoir...for now

It feels like I haven't posted in forever. I really wanted to but I never got around to it. I'm not going to be posting for another week or so because I'm off to the second camp of the summer....

So, I will do an itty-bitty post before I have to run....

This past week, I went to a summer piano camp. It was fun. It was challenging. It was exhausting. And I found out that I do not like cafeteria food. I did my first official piano solo. From memory. It was very scary. My heart felt like it was going to beat right out of my chest. My hands were slippery. I went up onto the stage. Bowed. Felt all those eyes staring at me as I sat down on the bench. I started playing and.....BAM! I totally messed up and it sounded horrible. Just kidding. I did just fine. I did sort of feel like I was in this strange, hot fog the whole time I was playing, but I was okay. I managed to stand up, bow and walk off the stage without fainting or gasping for air or anything embarrassing like that. And people said they liked it. So it was okay. I did it.

Okay, so that ended up not being an itty-bitty post, but oh well.

Farewell! I will return soon.

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

Playing in front of people can be fun and stressful. Have fun at your camp!