8.03.2011

Going, going, gone...

Aarghh, I thought I had it..


I've been thinking that a lot lately. You see, I'm trying to memorize a song. On the piano, that is. This is only the third song I've memorized in my whole life.

It's the song "For Good", from the Broadway show Wicked. (For those of you who don't know, Wicked is the prequel to The Wizard of Oz.)

I sit down at the piano, I memorize a line, I switch to another song, go back to "For Good" and whoosh! what I thought I had memorized has mysteriously disappeared from my brain.

Anyway, I'm exploring some new memorization techniques. Seeing if I can make the notes stick in my brain, seeing if I can stop the cycle of going, going, gone...


P.S. Sorry about the quality of the picture. The camera battery is dead, the charger is missing...so I used my phone. And needless to say, my phone needs some help taking pictures. Serious help.

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

Oh, I hate that! Hopefully you'll be able to memorize it soon!