8.17.2011

I et a ladybug today



Okay, I didn't technically eat it because I didn't swallow it. But it was plenty gross anyway.

I was innocently walking along the sidewalk. My mouth was open. But only because I was talking. You know, exercising my right of free speech. When suddenly, something flew into my unsuspecting mouth. It was a ladybug, no doubt about it. I assure you that I spit it out pretty quickly. I spit it out so quickly I didn't even see it.

Then how, you ask, did I know what kind of insect it was? Well, let me ask you a question. Have you ever had a ladybug "stink" on you? If you have, you know that it's pretty high on the list of Earth's Most Unpleasant Smells. (You didn't know there was such a list? Where have you been? In a hole in the ground?)

I now know what ladybug stink tastes like. Enough said.

Picture credit: By Trachemys (Own work) [GFDL (www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments: