9.24.2011

Apple-ey Goodness

In this age of packaged pie crusts and canned fillings, 
I like to buck the system by making real, 
down-home, home-made apple pie.
 Sure, you get your hands slimy and sticky from the apple juice, 
your fingers and wrists ache like somethin' else from peeling and slicing the endless, thin-skinned fruits, 
and you develop an obsession. 
Yes, an obsession. 
You get obsessed with trying to peel the apple so that the skin is all in one piece.
But it's worth it.
It's so worth it.
Drooling yet?

By the way, I cut that apple on the crust free-hand. I'm pretty proud of it. Just thought you might want to know that.

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

Oh my goodness, I have the same obsession! Though I'm afraid I try to stifle it when I'm peeling, cuz I waste so much more apple that way... But someday, hopefully, I'll actually be able to do it! haha