9.13.2011

Of lawnmowers, clutches, and burnt feet


This evening, I mowed the lawn with a mower just like this.

Okay, I'm kidding.

But I did mow the lawn this evening.

With a mower I've never used before.

A big, stinky rider. With a clutch.

Even after being warned about letting the clutch up too quickly....

I let it up too quickly and it's a miracle that I didn't emerge from the experience 

with a serious case of whiplash.

I did that several times throughout the mowing session, 

but you didn't really need to know that.

By the way,

don't ever mow the lawn while wearing flip-flops.

Your feet will get uncomfortably warm,

and you will have fleeting but disturbing thoughts about

foot flammability.


Pic credit: Bundesarchiv, Bild 102-09651 / Unknown / CC-BY-SA [CC-BY-SA-3.0-de (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/de/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments: