9.02.2011

A Runny Pen


Sometimes, it seems as if my pen has runny ink.

Because when I sit down to write, the words come.

Quickly. Unbidden. And yet, they are right.

Even though it seems as if they are rushing topsy-turvy out of the end of my pen, somehow they are right.

As if they are are lined up neatly in a row, all in the right order, just waiting to step out onto the empty paper.

Here they come, marching out along the lines, happy as can be to finally be released from their narrow prison.

After my pen stops dripping words, sometimes, somehow, I feel empty too. As if something has escaped, something that needed to get out.

But it is again imprisoned...on the lines of the paper.


I wish I had taken that picture, but... pic credit goes to: EraserGirl (Own work) [CC-BY-2.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

1 comment:

Miss Virginia said...

Just stopped by to let you know that I have given you an award on my blog, here:

http://ladysresource.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-award.html

Have a blessed day! :)