1.06.2012

I'm practically deaf

So sad. And me so young too.

Oh, by the way, I have a double ear infection. Just thought you might want to know. I thought I heard somebody panicking.

One nice thing about being (temporarily) deaf is that you can (conveniently) only hear things that you choose to. It's really quite nice.

But that is the only positive aspect of deafness that I can think of right now. And the bads outweigh the goods on that subject.

When I play the piano, everything sounds strange and flat.

I can constantly hear my heart beating. (Some people might like that, knowing they're alive and all, but the thump-thump gets rather grating on the nerves.)

When I eat crunchy foods (carrots and peanut brittle in particular) I might as well be stone deaf.

I have to repeat myself multiple times whenever I'm talking because my voice sounds so loud to me that I talk too quietly.

I could go on and on and on and on and on but I will spare you the agony.

Are you still with me people?

eh?

EH?

EH?

Just kidding.

I don't think I'll ever be a doctor because they have to listen to people's hearts with their stethoscopes. It would bring back terrible memories of my days of deafness.

Why do I have this strange feeling that I'm talking to myself?

3 comments:

Vegan Momma said...

I found my way to your blog by way of S & S, and I just wanted to tel you that I too have a doublke ear infection and can hear nothing. When I speak I cannot hear myself and I feel as if I am shouting. I am on my second dose of antibiotics and still the infection will not go away.

I hope your hearing is back soon.

--Mari

The Wotrings said...

I love your blog! I just made my own and am trying to figure it all out. Very confusing. Thanks for the laugh, I had an ear infection when I was 6 or something and all I remember was my heart thumping and, of course, the pain. Anyway, hae a good day and God Bless. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! :)