3.07.2012

last evening


Can you think of any food brands that your family has used for forevah? For as long as I can remember, we've always used Morton Iodized Salt. When I was little, I always thought it was really too bad that the little girl didn't notice that she was spilling her salt.


Last night, I mixed up one of our favorite recipes - Hershey's Chocolate Cake. It's really. yummy. And very simple.


My favorite part of making the cake is pouring in the boiling water. The steam puffs, the water splashes into the batter....


Looks lovely, doesn't it? It kind of reminds me of when I was little and I made soup in the back yard...with mud.


Thankfully, the recipe originators had the presence of mind to explain that the batter will be thin.


Because some people might flip out when they saw how the batter looked. Because it doesn't look like cake batter anymore. It looks like chocolate soup.


While I made my cake, I rocked out to the country station...


And Amos regarded me solemnly from the floor. I'm not sure he completely approved of the proceedings. Cats can't eat chocolate.


There are my beauties in the oven. I will spare you pictures of the results because it would give you a terrible and inexplicable chocolate craving.

And I forgot to take pictures of them anyway.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

*wails* What to do! I think even the BATTER looks delicious. Haha. Only, I'd have to make it gluten-free. Regardless, doing any kind of work ('cept cleaning bathrooms) and listening to music is my favorite thing to do. :D

P.S. My dog looks at me a little suspiciously whilst I rock out as well. Some animals have no sense of humor.

Cati said...

Yum, yum, yum..... My birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Maybe you want to make me a cake? ;) hint, hint

Kelsie said...

Oh, that looks really delish! ANd I've always loved the Morton salt girl - so cute! cooking + country music = delight

Ellie Mae said...

I'm not gonna lie, I totally thought the same thing about the Mortan Salt girl spilling her salt. I blast music everytime I'm working in the kitchen, especially country in the summer time.