6.08.2012

ooey gooey goodness

Today, I made cinnamon buns. Lots of cinnamon buns. I slaved over cinnamon buns.

As I was preparing to start slaving, I noticed Milo lounging on my bed. I think he was pretending to be asleep. I was hurt. He apparently didn't want to participate in my sweet buns adventure.

But I wasn't sad for long, because I remembered my sweet, bubbly drink in the kitchen. Aaaaahhh.
After I mixed up the dough and tenderly tucked a towel around it, we left for the library. 

The recipe distinctly said to let the dough rise for an hour and I had the distinct knowledge that we would be gone for more than an hour. 

We were. As we drove home I had horrible visions of a huge, bubbling gob of dough flopping all over the kitchen counter. 

Thankfully, the dough stopped just above the edge of the mixing dish. Doesn't it kind of look like a mushroom with a handle?
The dough reminded me of the blue goo in Fox in Socks by Dr Seuss. Except, of course, for the fact that it isn't blue.
This is one of the finished pans of buns. The ooey-gooey goodness is terribly addicting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And yes, they were delicious!;p
your little sis Adelaide.

The Wotrings said...

I like the blue goo mention. :) They look great!

Kelsie said...

Mmm, those look yummy! Can I have some? :oP