8.31.2012

end o' summer eve


Guess what? It's kind of sort of the end of summer. Can you believe it? Stop. Breathe. Enjoy the little bit that's left.


Read a great book. This book has kept me up late many a night, because it seems fresh every time I open it. If you're a Jane Austen fan, check this book out.  Mr. Darcy positively lives.


I have a (rather embarrassing) weakness for nail polish. (Almost) every time I go to the store, I come home with a new color. 34 bottles and counting.


Try sitting outside and having a thinking moment. Let your heart-thoughts float out. It's an incredible feeling. Be unstoppable.


Or, if you're in a brave mood, stand in an open space, spread your arms out wide...embracing the air, the sky, the universe...and spin. For a couple seconds, you control how fast the earth turns...

This evening, I got in the pool. I'm not sure what temperature the water was but the closest thing I can compare it to is the coldest cup of ice water you've ever drank...you know, the kind of cold that hurts your throat as it goes down. I stood, shivering, on the ladder for an amount of time which I will not disclose. Finally, I muttered darn it all under my breath and plunged in. I literally could not breathe for a couple seconds...

It was a very strange sensation. My bottom half was so cold that I couldn't feel my legs, and my top half was being kissed by the balmy summer breeze...

I wouldn't necessarily recommend jumping in a pool that feels like Antarctica, but it was definitely very invigorating.

Get out there this weekend and have fun. Make memories.  Just be. You'll never regret it.

4 comments:

Ellie Mae said...

Your posts are always such a beautiful combination of pictures and writing. Glad your back to the blog!

Rachel said...

Sweet girl I filled your request and posted now lets do a post together next time. Lovely update. :) Rachel

Papa T said...

Finally back at home and able to read and see your blogs full size. Glad that you are back to the mix of photos and words of wisdom (not sure about the nail polish). You are a talented young lady, keep it up.

Kelsie said...

love, love, love! Sometimes it amazes me how you write stuff that I love to do. :o)

I've missed you while I've been off blogger. I must not stay away for so long again!