8.12.2012

I survived the war

I have returned.

I don't remember if I told you why I was gone for three weeks, but I was working at a summer camp. In the kitchen.

I will be doing more posts about my experiences when I get my brain back (I'm not really sure where it is right now) and my thoughts are sorted out (I have no idea when that will be).

Nothing terribly interesting happened.

Unless you call cutting lots of red jello interesting.

Or getting purple ink on my face and it not coming off for a long time.

Or knowing how it feels to look at a sky-high mountain of dirty pots and pans and knowing you will be the conqueror.

Or watching part of the Summer Olympics for the first time in my life (I saw women's water polo and women's volleyball. Water polo players have rather frightful muscles, by the way.)

Or stacking millions of slices of rubbery cheese.

Or belting Newsies songs while stuffing endless forks into plastic brown holders.

Or painting my toenails lime green.

Or bunkhouses that smell like barns.

Or little kid faces that are positively glowing because their moms aren't there to make them eat salad and they can have all the tater tots they want.

Or shades of dirty dishwater in every color of the rainbow (well, not quite but my favorite was a brilliant pink color from red jello pans).

Or watching Monsters, Inc for the first time in a long time and being called Celia-Welia afterwards.

Or hot sauce on a brownie (more on that later).

Oh, and someone told me that the color of my eyes reminded them of a hawk. I wasn't quite sure how to take that. Should I take it as a compliment?

Tonight, we are watching Captain America. Even though I haven't seen it yet, I'm almost positive that he will be my new favorite super hero (displacing Batman). I will tell you my thoughts on it.

Who is your favorite superhero? What makes them more awesome than all the others?

3 comments:

Papa T said...

It sounds to me like a lot of interesting things happened. Hope that you used your photographic talent to document the purple ink, red jello and green nails. (I have seen the piles of pots and pans and rubber cheese, as well as enough unpeeled potatoes to make a mountain). Glad that you had a good time and look forward to hearing more about it.

Jolie said...

Ohhhh my goodness, sounds like quite the adventure at camp!! I'm glad you had so much fun. :D

Favorite superhero....Batman. Hands down. Not even any competition there...not. one. ounce.

For some reason I find that they ended up somehow just making the Batman movies about 543298345 more times epic than all the other superhero movies...combined. I don't know how they did it, but they did. I could go on...but yeah. Have you SEEN The Dark Knight Rises?!? I mean, come on! Doesn't get any better. :D

That's my two cents, at least. ;)

Kelsie said...

okay, I could comment on quite a few awesome things, but I can't get past the fact that YOU HAVEN'T SEEN CAPTAIN AMERICA YET!!! Shock, gasp, horror! :oP Hope you loved it!

Okay, moving on...

Favorite? Do I have to choose? Maybe the Flash (I hope they make an amazing movie someday!), because... he's just awesome! :o)

But I'm a huge super fan, and think they're all pretty sweet.

@Jolie - I think it's Christopher Nolan. He makes some pretty awesome movies. And Rises was amazing! I want to see it again. :o)