10.10.2012

Some people would call it a blond moment

This is Milo. He has lots of blond moments. That makes me feel a little better.
Some people would call it a blond moment. But I resent that.

It was morning (this morning, to be precise). As a rule, I am not quite myself in the morning. In other words, I shouldn't attempt to do anything that requires major brain-power before 12:00pm.

I was at work (nanny job) and I was making myself some coffee. I put my little k-cup (Hazelnut, one of my favorites) in the Keurig machine. Ready To Brew, it blinked encouragingly. I hit the start button and started to walk away. Something made me turn around. I stared in horror. I had neglected to complete a very important step: putting a mug on the machine for the coffee to go into. I rushed over and watched in a kind of terrible daze as the stream of coffee steadily pooled onto the counter. No, no, NO I said in a voice hushed with utter consternation. Finally, with great difficulty, I gathered my wits, grabbed a blue glass mug and stuck it under the brown stream. I managed to save about half of the coffee. Afterwards, there was a host of coffee-saturated paper towels and I did not enjoy my coffee very much.

Contrary to what you might think, my day was not consumed by my coffee disaster. At least, I'd like to think that.

I watched yellow-gold leaves floating from their trees, set free in the wind, never to return...

I ate Dora the Explorer fruit snacks (don't ask questions. I nanny for a 3-year-old)...

I was unwillingly subjected to watching a Dora the Explorer movie, the only part of which I remember was Dora and Diego chanting over and over, Ocean, grass, polar bear, mountain, OCEAN, GRASS, POLAR BEAR, MOUNTAIN! The words rang over and over in my head. The fruit snacks were a huge disappointment, by the way. I really, really like fruit snacks. But these did not live up to my expectations. Dora the Explorer, you are ruining my life! Did I say that out loud?

Oh, and today I was reading fascinating facts about the Founding Fathers to improve myself. I learned all kinds of interesting things. Did you know that, contrary to popular belief, George Washington never had wooden teeth? He had lost nearly all his teeth by the time he became president, so he did have fake teeth- but they were mostly made of lead fitted with human, cattle, and hippopotamus teeth. Bleh. Or did you know that Thomas Jefferson stood 6' 2 1/2" tall and wooed his wife with violin serenades?

There. You are now even smarter than you were before.

You're welcome.


4 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

covnitkepr1 said...

I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

covnitkepr1 said...

Thank you for the visit and the gracious comment. I invite you to return and follow as well. It makes it easier to return to your blog by just clicking on your avatar. Thank you.

P V Ariel said...

Hi Celia,
This is really wonderful to be here
Happened to see your comment in one of my friends blog and i landed here,
very interesting piece indeed
Keep writing
Keep inform
Best regards
phil
I am joining in