2.23.2013

The Nanny Diaries: weekend


This is a shoe very similar to ones I used to wear when I was about seven years old. They were my most favorite shoes in the world. They came in a Barbie set with a hairband and suitcase. They were pink. They were dreamy. They were perfect.


I'm the first to admit that I am no artist, but I attempt every once in awhile. This is a baby dragon. Four year olds are very easily impressed and for that I am very thankful.


I am determined to learn how to do a fishtail braid in my hair. I have attempted a couple times recently and it did not work out well at all. When I finally master it, I will feel very proud of myself.


These are pure temptation. Thankfully, after I've had one or two, my teeth start to ache from how sweet they are, which deters me from over-indulging. Besides, they're mostly milk chocolate. I believe that milk chocolate is simply trying to impersonate real chocolate.


I went out with a lovely friend today, and while wandering around a bookstore (which we do rather often) we found this book. It is a Gaelic version of Guess How Much I Love You, one of my most favorite children's books.


To finish off, this a Bob the Builder puzzle I did with my young charge the other day. As soon as possible, I pulled it apart and stuck it back in the box. Bob the Builder is on my Most Wanted List along with some others whose names I cannot disclose for the sake of security purposes. I'm still not quite sure which is on top, but Bob is up there with the best of them. I bet you don't know anyone else who has a Most Wanted List of kiddie television characters. Being a nanny has its downsides.

No comments: