3.19.2013

There are moments when...


There are moments when tea serves a good purpose. Especially when it is French Vanilla and especially when one has come down with the Dreaded Strep for the second time in a month.

I just finished a book called Wonder Struck. It is by the same author who wrote The Invention of Hugo Cabret (which the movie Hugo was based on.) Wonder Struck was beautiful. Poignant. Sad. Powerful. It is filled with stunning black and white illustrations. Reading it was almost like watching a silent film on paper. I got chills and goosebumps. It is truly a work of art.

2 comments:

Papa T said...

Glad that the book moved you, pray that the French Vanilla soothed your sore throat and the strep disappears quickly.

SheDan said...

Oh my goodness. I have had strep so many times. It is painful. :( I hope you feel better soon!

My favorite tea is peach. And at the risk of sounding pretentious I will say that I have found brewing tea with a lower temp (about 184) and not longer than the recommended time actually brings out the flavor much better. Brew it too hot or too long and it gets bitter.

Now I need to go make a cup of tea...