6.01.2013

enjoy the tiny moments

(This is a coffee my handsome dad stopped by and surprised me with when I was at work the other day)
Sometimes, life is ugly. The skies darken, we see death, pain, suffering.

Recently, I came across a book titled The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha. It is a brilliant book, and it made me smile. It is basically a list of tiny, amazing moments that we all experience, but may not think about at the time.

Here are a few. I hope they make you smile.

Popping bubble wrap (I know all about that one)

Seeing a cop on the side of the road and realizing you're going the speed limit anyway

Tripping and realizing no one saw you

The smell of crayons

Peeling an orange in one shot

The final seconds of untangling a really big knot

Finding your keys after looking forever

The smell of rain on a hot sidewalk

Picking up a q and a u at the same time in Scrabble

The first scoop out of a jar of peanut butter

Perfectly toasted toast

When you're watching one of your favorite movies and suddenly realize you don't remember how it ends

Frozen walls of air conditioning hitting you on hot days

Finally figuring out how your hotel shower faucet works

A long hug when you really need it

The sound of ice cubes cracking in your drink

Okay, so that was more than a few. The author includes an entertaining description beneath each item, but this post would become monumentally long if I included them.

Have a beautiful weekend, and don't forget to enjoy your tiny, awesome moments.

2 comments:

Papa T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Papa T said...

My first comment was deleted by me do to major typos so I am posting an edited one:

Thank you for your enjoy the tiny moments post at a very difficult time for you and your family. I would add another tiny moment to your wonderful list. It would be "Receiving an email from a friend unexpectedly that lifts your spirits at a time when you need it". That would be what your email containing this posting did for me. Love and hugs.