6.27.2013

healing light


I am convinced that there is a healing power in the warm light of the sun. The way it washes over your face, your body. Pure, illuminating, soothing.


Everything takes on a new beauty in the bright light...


The sun is wonderful, but rain is still my favorite. Yesterday, there was a torrential downpour. The huge drops beat tattoos on the roof, the pavement, the puddles. I went outside and stood for a few moments, my arms outstretched, as the heavens cried.


This, of course, is Amos. He loves the sun. Laying in it, that is.

Sometimes, I wish briefly that I was a cat. Then I remember how cat food smells, and I am very thankful that I am a human.

3 comments:

Marvin Dittfurth said...

Beautiful picture you paint. I love the rain too...and on a tin roof........

Kelsie said...

My favorite is rain when it's still sunny - so amazing!

Marvin Dittfurth said...

There use to be an old saying that when it rained in the sunshine, the devil was whipping his wife...not sure what that means or the relation to rain.