7.15.2013

exhaustion and whangdoodles


I will warn you in advance: I am very, very exhausted right now. Like, the kind of exhausted when you get home from work and you think, the floor looks comfy. I am not laying on the floor right now. I am laying on the couch. But I might move.

I started playing my violin again recently. It's been months, maybe even a year. My intonation was horrific, the strings were cutting into my fingers and I had a bruise on my jawbone from the chin rest. It was bad. But I practiced a bit every day, and now I sound half-way decent again. I no longer sound like those children in movies when they're practicing their violin. You know, the hair-raising, scratchy, off-key sort of playing that sounds like no other sound in this world.


I love looking at water. The way the sun makes webs of light, the way the surface ripples and changes. I am happiest when I am near water.


I should really give up on trying to draw. But I never learn. So I tend to get rather peculiar results. Like this mermaid-looking thing with creepy eyes.


There is one more thing I wanted to say. Actually, two.

1. Whangdoodle, in case you were wondering, is actually a word in the dictionary. At least, it's on Dictionary.com. It is defined as a fanciful creature of undefined nature. I first heard the word on Charlie and The Chocolate Factory and was later elated to find that it actually existed. Now you may add it to your vocabulary. And get puzzled looks. Lots of puzzled looks.

2. I like to eat frozen peas. Not like cooked frozen peas, actual frozen peas. They're really good. If you've never tried them, go to your freezer right now and eat one. You'll thank me later. Your taste buds will too.

2 comments:

Marvin Dittfurth said...

Two things I have found that people can just stare at for long periods of time and that is fire and water. I wonder why that is? Something in our DNA taking us back to our primitive?

ann wotring said...

frozen peas, definitely! ;)